31 Οκτωβρίου, 2020, 07:23:06 ΠΜ Τελευταία τροποποίηση: 31 Οκτωβρίου, 2020, 07:33:25 ΠΜ από ivanbulgaria
Hello guys,has anyone from here visited doctor Ilias Karaiskas,is there any opinion here for him.

I saw some him publications for  treatment 3 months with fosfomycin.
I was with touch with him,and the answer that i receive was really good.
"Hello Ivan,

It is well known that bacteria produce biofilm and attach to calcifications of the prostate ; that is why treatment of chronic bacteria is so difficult in combination with the few antibiotics that penetrate the prostate tissue.

In these cases it is obligatory to prolong treatment for 3 months to increase the chance of cure...which is very high is you get the correct antibiotic and the right dose...

Many regards,

the seconds message

Hello Ivan,

It is very important to have an accurate culture from the prostate fluid. Of course I could meet you. I am on vacation and will be back next week. We will need a new culture of prostate fluid, a transrectal ultrasound of prostate . The cost will be about 250-300 euro for all. Very willing to help you and find a solution

Παράθεση από: ivanbulgaria στις 31 Οκτωβρίου, 2020, 07:23:06 ΠΜ
- Where is his publication? give us link.

It is well known that bacteria produce biofilm and attach to calcifications of the prostate
How is that well know? is there any proof? OR its just a theory? is there a publication or something?

It is very important to have an accurate culture from the prostate fluid.
I will agree on that
-Εχω καταλάβει τι συμβαίνει με το σωμα μου και τον εαυτο μου.
- Εχασα λεφτα, χρονο και επεσα θυμα παραπληροφόρησης απο διάφορες πηγές.
- Ειμαι καλα, δεν συμβιβαστικά. Συνεχίζω κανονικά την ζωη μου με γνώμονα την υγεία μου.
'' Το πρόβλημα ολων των ανθρώπων ειναι οτι θέλουν να ακούσουν αυτο που ηδη πιστεύουν ''

Παράθεση από: 123 στις 31 Οκτωβρίου, 2020, 03:18:09 ΜΜ
Παράθεση από: ivanbulgaria στις 31 Οκτωβρίου, 2020, 07:23:06 ΠΜ
- Where is his publication? give us link.

It is well known that bacteria produce biofilm and attach to calcifications of the prostate
How is that well know? is there any proof? OR its just a theory? is there a publication or something?

It is very important to have an accurate culture from the prostate fluid.
I will agree on that

Link of the research  -   
https://academic.oup.com/jac/article/74/5/1430/5363231
about the calcifications in chronic prostatitis, yes it is certainly true,because i received message from professor from stanford university
Im sharing the message.
"
Hello Ivan,
    In my experience, chronic persistent or recurrent bacterial prostatitis is the result of a hidden nidus or focus of bacteria either in tissue or calcifications.  Antibiotics do not penetrate efficiently.  I have had some success with a 6-week course of appropriate antibiotic such as ciprofloxacin or other choice based on a careful microbiologic analysis of the expressed prostatic fluid and antibiotic sensitivity of the organisms.  During that antibiotic period I usually perform thorough prostatic massage to express any infected fluid every 10-14 days.  It is possible to have benign calcification in the prostate without infection; usually it just means a little reflux of mineral-containing urine into the ducts.  Make sure you always have a relaxed urine flow and don't push.
     If that conservative treatment is not successful, based upon a repeat microbiologic culture of massaged prostate fluid two weeks after completing the therapy, more aggressive approach may be necessary, such as direct prostate injections of antibiotics through transrectal ultrasound.  It is helpful not to have any ejaculation for 3-4 days prior to cultures or massage therapy.
   Good luck and let me know the outcome."
The main reason that no one of us cant cure is because
1. Completely wrong research,ALMOST 90 % the microbiologist in Bulgaria dont have even basic skills for detecting the right bacteria, ,most of urologist make research of ejaculat,but not a prostate fluid + urethral secretion.
2.Almost no one of them want to  do a massage of prostate during the antibiotic course.
3.Shortly course of antibiotics 7-10  or max 14 days. it is not enough for antibiotic to penetrate of the prostate.
4.Wrong understandable for calcifications,the urologist who have good experience with chronic prostatitis knows better that in many of cases calcifications support bacteria + biofilms.

All this combination of wrong understandable of chronic prostatitis makes for the moment the chronic prostatitis incurable.

Please,if anybody have oportunity to visit this doctor Karaiskos Ilias, because of the situation with COVID in Greece and also in Bulgaria,i cant visit him.

Παράθεση από: ivanbulgaria στις 01 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 09:26:54 ΜΜ

about the calcifications in chronic prostatitis, yes it is certainly true,because i received message from professor from stanford university
Im sharing the message.
"
Hello Ivan,
    In my experience, chronic persistent or recurrent bacterial prostatitis is the result of a hidden nidus or focus of bacteria either in tissue or calcifications. 
1. Completely wrong research,ALMOST 90 % the microbiologist in Bulgaria dont have even basic skills for detecting the right bacteria, ,most of urologist make research of ejaculat,but not a prostate fluid + urethral secretion.
2.Almost no one of them want to  do a massage of prostate during the antibiotic course.
3.Shortly course of antibiotics 7-10  or max 14 days. it is not enough for antibiotic to penetrate of the prostate.
4.Wrong understandable for calcifications,the urologist who have good experience with chronic prostatitis knows better that in many of cases calcifications support bacteria + biofilms.
Its  just your opinion... many takes A TON of antibiotics  and do massage to the prostate with no success

All this combination of wrong understandable of chronic prostatitis makes for the moment the chronic prostatitis incurable.

Please,if anybody have oportunity to visit this doctor Karaiskos Ilias, because of the situation with COVID in Greece and also in Bulgaria,i cant visit him.
Never found anything about calcification and biofilms  from PubMed or other scientific side.
Hope the best.
- Ειμαι καλα, δεν συμβιβαστικά. Συνεχίζω κανονικά την ζωη μου με γνώμονα την υγεία μου.
'' Το πρόβλημα ολων των ανθρώπων ειναι οτι θέλουν να ακούσουν αυτο που ηδη πιστεύουν ''

#4 02 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 03:54:20 ΠΜ Τελευταία τροποποίηση: 02 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 07:55:09 ΠΜ από ivanbulgaria
Παράθεση από: 123 στις 02 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 02:02:08 ΠΜ
Παράθεση από: ivanbulgaria στις 01 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 09:26:54 ΜΜ

Im sharing the message.
"
Hello Ivan,
    In my experience, chronic persistent or recurrent bacterial prostatitis is the result of a hidden nidus or focus of bacteria either in tissue or calcifications. 
Its  just your opinion... many takes A TON of antibiotics  and do massage to the prostate with no success

Never found anything about calcification and biofilms  from PubMed or other scientific side.
Hope the best.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5934281/
Also 1 video from bulgarian urology,it may dont understand  what he talk because is on Bulgarian,but you will understood the video,how he explain about calcifications.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFpfHK8cETg&ab_channel=%D0%94-%D1%80%D0%92%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%BBe%D0%B2-%D0%A3%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B3

Theory

#6 02 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 03:59:12 ΜΜ Τελευταία τροποποίηση: 28 Ιουνίου, 2022, 06:41:16 ΜΜ από Harry88
Hi 123, I am writing in English so the fellow patient from Bulgaria understands as well.
If I am not mistaken the link that ivanbulgaria posted is from the PubMed that you mentioned
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ (PubMed)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5934281/ (the article that ivanbulgaria posted).
It looks pretty legitimate.

A few things about prostate calcifications.
1) It is not possible to get rid of them. All the urologists that I have ever visited confirmed that. Even doctor akatanomastos did not say that the calcifications can dissipate. If you search in the web how to get rid of prostate calcifications or anything of the sort they won't find a single research, study or article confirming that calcifications (or prostate calculi) were able to dissipate from the prostate gland with any treatment (except surgery which is an invasive method and destroys part of the prostate gland...). The only way (in theory) that claims that calculi might go away is through Radio Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy which I have not seen a very comprehensive research-article with TRUS (Transrectal Ultrasonography) before and after treatment (so I am still very sceptical about it) and one trial conducted by Shoskes et al 2004-2005.
2) Every doctor I visited whenever we had a discussion about the calcifications they said that calculi holds bacteria. I think in the urological community is like common knowledge.
3) They are many researches that associates the calcifications with LUTS.

To ivanbulgaria.
Pretty much what Dr. Karaiskos says is what doctor akatanomastos is implementing years now promising 100% cure which unfortunately is far beyond the reality and truth. Most of the people had some relief for some period (including myself) but after that point they were relapsing. In any case I would not recommend this doctor as he will just rip you off (with small results) when you could easily do the same treatment with another urologist even in Bulgaria (you just need to find one urologist that knows how to do a proper Stamey-Meares. The prostate massage is not different from a Stamey-Meares test procedure, they just squeeze the prostate for more time.

About Dr. Karaiskos I have never visited him.

What he is saying is sensible but just revolves around the bacterial prostatitis and bacterial sensitivity to various antibiotics. Maybe Fosfomycin could be the solution for at least some cases including yours. The chronic prostatitis-CPPS syndrome it seems to be much more complicated than we think. I would not get my hopes up, but you can always try. If it works, all good, if it does not you will be at the same point you are now. I never heard anyone getting worse just from prostate massage. In my case the combination of prostate massage and antibiotics had always positive results but always following relapse of my symptoms.
If you do it though make sure you follow a process so you could see clinically if it worked or not. Test your semen fertility now and check again 1-2 month after the end of whatever treatment you followed. Before starting any prostate massage make a comprehensive TRUS and ask the doctor to take as many pictures as possible from all planes (sagittal, transverse) and compare again after any treatment you are going to follow. Make a prostate fluid cultivation through Stamey-Meares (just semen is not good enough to show if you have a bacteria in your prostate). You need to have some data yourself so you can show to each urologist you visit as every urologist has a different opinion most of the times. You are saying that "most of the urologist are make  research of ejaculat,but not a prostate fluid + urethral secretion" the same happens here and all over the world. The urologists unfortunately have the habit to prescribe antibiotics or follow various medical procedures based on symptoms and not clinical results.

I wish you luck and let us know how it went.
Οξεία Προστ/δα, Χρόνια Προστατίτιδα από το 10'. Πέρασα από Ακατανόμαστο με κάθε φορά βελτίωση αλλά και πάντα υποτροπιασμό. Συμπτώματα: επιτακτική ούρηση, συχνοουρία, νυχτουρία, βάρος στην περιοχή της κύστης, αίσθηση ατελούς κένωσης αν και γίνεται πλήρης κένωση. Έχω κάνει όλες τις ουρολογικές εξετάσεις (κυστεοσκόπηση, κυστεομανογραφία,υπέρηχα,  MRI προστάτη-πυέλου και όλα δουλεύουν ρολόι, ο προστάτης δείχνει φλεγμονή όμως. Έχω δοκιμάσει ασκήσεις πυελικού εδάφους με πίεση πυελικών μυών μέσω του ορθού σε συδυασμό με βελονισμό με καμία βελτίωση. Διατροφές κτλ-ελάχιστη βελτίωση, ασκήσεις πυελικού εδάφους-ελάχιστη βελτίωση. Τελευταία έκανα πάλι μαλάξεις με αντιβίωση με άλλο ουρολόγο (είχα klebsiella pneu. & enterococcus fae.) πολύ καλά αποτελέσματα αλλά υποτροπίασα και πάλι. Βρέθηκε πάλι enterococcus, αλλά με προβληματίζουν τα συμπτώματα πιο πολύ. Ελπίζω ακόμα όμως

#7 02 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 04:52:12 ΜΜ Τελευταία τροποποίηση: 02 Νοεμβρίου, 2020, 04:57:49 ΜΜ από santan
Harry88 indeed, very valid points.

Please note I made two changes in your post (the reference to an address of a specific doctor-to save us from any legal nightmares).

TO ALL MEMBERS: NO REFERENCE IS ALLOWED TO SPECIFIC NAMES ESPECIALLY WHEN THE VIEW EXPRESSED IS NEGATIVE/ΠΡΟΣ ΟΛΑ ΤΑ ΜΕΛΗ: ΔΕΝ ΕΠΙΤΡΕΠΕΤΑΙ Η ΧΡΗΣΗ ΟΝΟΜΑΤΩΝ ΓΙΑΤΡΩΝ ΕΙΔΙΚΑ ΑΝ Η ΓΝΩΜΗ ΠΟΥ ΕΚΦΡΑΖΕΤΑΙ ΕΙΝΑΙ ΑΡΝΗΤΙΚΗ.

THE LANGUAGE OF THE FORUM IS GREEK. SOMETIMES SOME ENGLISH MAY BE USED WHEN REQUIRED, BUT FULL POSTS CANNOT BE MADE IN ANY OTHER LANGUAGE. FOR THIS TIME, AS WE ARE PROVIDING USEFUL OPINIONS/ANSWERS THE POST WILL BE ALLOWED.

what ivan described as a valid research, is something very specific, conducted in prostatectomy patients, and an older population sample. The findings are just one limited research, nothing definitive, nothing that suggests anything applies to the general population.

Other than that, I agree that calcifications can be and do exist for a lot of people and there is no evidence that they are causing symptoms. Which is very different with the opposite statement, that people with symptoms often have prostate calcifications. Two totally different things, in my opinion. The prostate calcifications holding bacteria, in non pathological concentrations does not imply that everyone with calcifications will have bacterial prostatitis.

Prostate massage has no proven positive effects in anything. As Harry88 says, that massage is a forceful action against the prostate, repeated at least weekly. Lots of the members of this forum had extremely long and painful experiences, to find out later that nothing changed. If someone is willing to go through such a process, is free to do so. But noone can claim that we are talking about a silver bullet against CP/CPPS.
Finally, as a rule of thumb, if something is not fixed in a known way, look further. There is always a tree, but you have to be aware of the forest. Don't ever lose the forest for the tree.

Ivan noted.

Your opinion is respected, although you can tell not that many people agree with you.

You made your point.

it looks that anyone have an opinion and it wont change.
but still they cant cure themselves
there is no reason to say something more.
Anyone can believe whatever he wants.